Saturday, May 22, 2010

so much jazz goin on



I have literally spent nearly every day of my summer so far at a local high school with Al Hong, working on a mural. I will post pictures of the mural soon, we have gotten a LOT done in the past few weeks but we still need the extra bit to go. In the past 2 days while the students worked on the mural me and Al were given a small project to work on a pillow case face for the high schools "friday night live" show. I really don't know much about it aside from the fact its a show like saturday night live except for the school.

So we were given this pillow case to paint a face on, and the only rules we were given was that it had to be "tasteful," and it had to be a face. The lady showed us an example of a happy clown face. We decided to make it into Andy Warhol.

Al is a great painter, though he does tend to focus more on design work than anything else. He did a great job on the face. I will say Al did the majority of the work on this thing. I worked mostly on the hair. It turned out great. We left it for the lady. I wonder if she liked it?


On a side note, I feel like I have been so far behind this summer. I get out of the semester and into the summer with a LOT of motivation, but it always dwindles away quick. This year I was looking to learn the piano, play more on my bass, write and illustrate a childrens book, get a job, do community art, learn a second language, and so much more. However, I have really done none of that... well I did play a lot of piano.

1 comment: