Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My favorite movie this year.

This year... eh... there were some AMAZING movies, and then just a whole lot of crap.

As for block busters...
-Inception was great and a lot of fun but it doesn't sit as my favorite movie this year.
-The Expendables was a lot of fun but you can't take it for anything more than that.
-Toy Story 3... don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved it, and it is amazing. I think I just built it up so high in my mind that when I saw it I was kind of just "eh" about it. (I do this a lot with movies I am super excited about, by the time I watch them, I just don't care).
-Harry Potter. DUH. Was awesome. But it is a Harry Potter movie, I don't expect Citizen Kane.
-Iron Man 2. I liked it a lot. But again. I don't expect any Citizen Kane.


Also, its oscar bait month. And I suck at going to the movies during oscar bait month. I usually wait till they come out on DVD. I am excited for Black Swan, The Illusionist (looks so beautiful), The Kings Speech, and of course, True Grit. I can't wait to see how these play out in the Academy Awards though.


BUT. MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF THE YEAR. THE MOVIE THAT I SAW IN THEATERS 4 TIMES AND WATCHED HUNDREDS OF TIMES AT HOME.


(click on this link if the video image is cut off to see the whole image)

I watch near 10 movies a week, watching 4 in a day sometimes. I have seen things that blow my mind and stories that are so epic I go in fits of obsession for days thinking about it. That being said, I freaking love this movie. This movie is like heroin for the soul. I have never felt this way about any movie until I saw this in theaters.

The flying sequences had me in awe as they were literally breathtaking and beautiful. There are times where I literally grip my seat and lean forward afraid for the Hiccup and Toothless. And the soundtrack has got to be the most amazing soundtrack I have heard composed for a movie. If John Powell does not get a nod for this during Oscars I will punch someone.




I had to post this. Why? Because it inspires me. I research the heck out of everything I am interested in. I watch movies so often I am numb to a lot of things. Information flows into my skull and out again and I absorb it and move on. Not much really digs into my mind and truly inspires me... But this movie... this movie is the first thing in years that has the ability to make me turn into mush... every single time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment